Make your own fizzing fossil dınosaur eggs
This page includes fossil dinosaur eggs with prepared by me for my sweet girl our dinosaur theme.
CLICK FOR MORE:
To Make Fızzıng Fossıl Dınosaur Eggs You Wıll Need
- Baking Soda (Bicarbonate Soda)
- Brown Food Colouring or coffee
- Baking Tray
- Small plastic dinosaurs (if you can get small plastic dinosaur skeletons even better)
- Syringe, dropper or spray
Fızzıng Fossıl Dınosaur Eggs
- In a large bowl add your baking soda and some of the brown food colouring or coffee– adding the food colouring will give the eggs a more stone like appearance.Gradually add the water you want to form a mouldable paste.
- With the small dinosaur mould the paste around the outside of the dinosaur and form into an egg like shape and then put on a baking tray to dry over night – as they dry the egg will harden and lighten in colour as well.
- We then set about excavating our fossils from the eggs – in the book talks about the different people involved in fossil finding and this gave us an opportunity to talk about some of these jobs. To excavate the eggs we used a spray filled with vinegar. The vinegar reacts with the baking soda fizzing up.
- The kids filled up the spray and then slowly squirted the vinegar over the eggs and watched as they fizzed.Decided to help the excavation with a spoon to split the eggs open and T using a stick to drill a hole to put the vinegar into to fizz from the inside as well as on the outside.
- As the eggs reacted the dinosaurs become visible and they were cleaned and then added to our dinosaur box.